The purpose of this document is to tell you how Oatley RSL and Community Club manages
your personal information.
- Security of your information
- Disclosure of your information
- Collection of your personal information
- How we use the personal information you give us
- How & when you can Opt Out of receiving communication
- How to access, correct or update your information
- What else you should know about Privacy
When you visit the Oatley RSL and Community Club site, you are encouraged to read the information provided on the Oatley RSL and Community Club site you are using.
If you have any concerns or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of your information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons.
Transmissions sent to, or from Oatley RSL and Community Club are routinely monitored for quality control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Disclosure of information
The information we collect from you is strictly confidential. Oatley RSL and Community Club will not reveal, disclose, sell, rent, licence, share or pass that information on to any third parties.
However, third party organisations are contracted to administer the data collected from our web users and membership listing from time to time. These organisations are required to keep all information confidential, or are subject to a statute or binding scheme, which imposes similar restrictions regarding the handling of personal information.
Subject to the exceptions below, if we wish to use or discard any of your personal information or data for any purpose other than those specified to you at the time of collection, we will not do so unless you have explicitly given us permission to do so by opting to receive third party offers when membership is offered or at any subsequent point after registration.
Exceptions to non-disclosure requirements
In certain circumstances we may disclose your personal information, for the purpose other than that specified to you at the time of collection. Generally this will occur when:
- You would reasonably expect us to disclose the information for that new purpose;
- The new purpose we plan to use your personal information for is related to the original purpose that we initially disclosed to you; and it is impracticable for us to seek your consent. In particular, Oatley RSL and Community Club reserves its rights to use your personal information: Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- Where Oatley RSL and Community Club suspects that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and uses the personal information, information or data to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or where the use is authorised or required by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law; or where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health.
Collection of your personal information
When you provide Oatley RSL and Community Club with your personal information via the Internet or otherwise, we will inform you of how the information will be used. In all cases, your information will be held in strict confidence.
Generally we will not collect personal information form you revealing specific personal preferences or traits (including, for example, radical or ethnic origin, or your political views, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation).
The types of personal information that we generally collect from you will depend on how you use The Oatley RSL and Community Club Web Site the purpose for which you are providing your personal in formation to Oatley RSL and Community Club generally. The information that we may collect will be gathered from what you volunteer to provided to us and from what we track through your use of facilities at the Club.
Date of Birth
We need to ask for your date of birth to ensure that you are of legal drinking age and a able to be in authorised areas of the Club.
Your contact details
Information that we collect, such as name, address, postal address, contact phone numbers, email address, year you stated membership is used for identification purposes and to allow us to contact you will personalised information on promotions and offers. You may opt out of receiving communication by any or all of the contact methods you have provided at any time.
Additional information about you and your interests
We ask you to provide details by way of surveys or questionnaires competitions and the like on your drinking habits and preferred brands, preferences regarding entertainment, gaming and golf to enable us to understand our marketplace better and to tailor our marketing programs more effectively.
How and when you can ‘Opt Out’ of receiving communication
Oatley RSL and Community Club will provide you an express opportunity to decline receiving any further marketing communications from Oatley RSL and Community Club via an ‘opt out’ mechanism.
Please email the Club on email@example.com or call direct the Administration Department at the Club on (02) 95802002 or Fax us on (02) 9580 4440.
How to access, correct or update your information
You may request access to review or modify personal information which you have provided via the Clubs Website or by any other means. Contact us by either email or phone or fax. Oatley RSL and Community Club reserves the right to refuse to amend information where, for example:
- Providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of laws, or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
- Your request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- Providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals.
If Oatley RSL and Community Club does not allow you to access your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
What else should you know about privacy
Remember that you will have to exercise reasonable care when accessing, or providing information, where you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like the library or Internet Café or even just using the handicap program at the Club. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer and information.
For further Privacy information, please refer to The Australian Privacy Commissioner’s Web Site by linking to www.privacy.gov.au